Friday 15 March 2013

SPRING?

My house

15th March and snowing again. What's with this country? Even Norway is supposed to have spring! When will it arrive? Okay, okay - the weather forecast keeps saying that this is typical March, and how can we even expect spring yet? Well, I heard yesterday that several airports in Europe were closed due to snow, so I guess spring is late all over. And it recently snowed in Washington DC!


Sometimes I wonder about my own kindness - really I do! I had offered to pick up my husband and his friend at the airport this afternoon, but oh, was that an incredibly stupid thing to do... A drive that normally takes between 35 and 45 minutes took me nearly 2 hours. The queue started just down the road - in the tunnels that take you under Oslo and up to the other side of town. Snow, ice, car accidents, Friday afternoon, big cross country marathon - Birkebeiner'n in Lillehammer - everything worked against the silly idea of joining the traffic at that time. I had to do a little Zen on myself - telling myself to regard the time inside that metal box also known as a car as worthwhile alone-time.

Fortunately the golfers hadn't received their golf bags (fortunately? - we all hope they'll reappear!), so they were late coming out of the arrival hall. I managed to grab a coffee at Norway's one and only Starbucks, before I let my husband take over the wheel on the way back to Oslo through the sleet and snow and icy roads.  


I for one don't understand why they bothered to come back to Norway!

Last night - really really late! - I started clearing out our wardrobe containing scarves (!), hats, mittens, gloves and those kind of things. So this is what my husband came home to:



Twelve mittens/gloves that are all missing their partners. What on earth happened to them? Do they have a life of their own? Do they actually walk out of the house? Like socks disappearing from the washing machine??


And I found two of his scarves - almost without looking - that he thought he'd lost. Among them this one. Men! I know for a fact that my husband's eyes are in his way...


But my best discovery was this newspaper from 1960, which portrays my Dad being a big part of his football team - Lyn's - return to the top league. The text says "... yesterday's match winner Bjørn Hornmoen getting a hug from his wife."

"Lyn" = "Lightning."

And we're still cheering for LYN! The club in our hearts through all its hardships! Looking forward to the new season! SPRING - where are you?!

Mira, Sophie, Even, Jelena & Oda at a match

Flying the flag every match day!

1 comment:

  1. Last night I saw 12 single mittens dancing tango under the moonlight.......

    ReplyDelete