Friday 8 March 2013

ALONE?


The golf course at St Cyprien, France, with Mt Canigou as a backdrop

My husband plays a LOT of golf, and he can hardly wait for the season to start. The past two years he's started early by going to Florida for two weeks in March with a friend, but this year they decided to go to our house in France instead. This means of course that I'm home alone, which I have been for one week, with one week to go. Did I say alone? Last weekend I went to the cabin at the lake with Grete, on Tuesday the little girls were here for dinner, yesterday I was at a friend's house for dinner. Tonight my granddaughters are sleeping over, and tomorrow we're going to see Jelena perform in "Annie."

The Barbie Harlem Shake on Mimmi's floor


I've said earlier that I really enjoy my "alone"-time, not having to think of or care for anyone but myself. To me that's pure luxury. But the little girls are so independent now that I don't need to entertain them all the time. My afternoon plans had to be changed today, after forty-five minutes in a traffic jam because of a car pile-up (no serious injuries), and I had to drop my 1000 metres swimming (but I did swim Monday and Wednesday) - otherwise I wouldn't have made it to school in time to pick up Mira. Mira was with her friend Milla, who thought I was Mira's aunt. Yay! What a wonderful boost for a Big Mama on a Friday afternoon! Jelena was at Disco Night at school this evening, so only Mira and I were here, and I said to her that I wanted to take a bath. "That's okay, Mimmi," she said, "I like being alone." That's Mimmi's girl!


Bubbles in the bath, bubbles in the glass



After having grabbed my thirty minutes of Big Mama alone-time, I started dinner, which was Confit de Canard, or duck confit - a favourite dish for my two gourmet granddaughters. I found yellow carrots in the supermarket today - how delicious! 


And then Jelena came back from Disco Night, all rosy-cheeked, tired but happy

Have a good weekend everyone!




1 comment:

  1. The Art of being alone - you are the artist.......

    ReplyDelete