Saturday 16 March 2013

RETRO

Ray-Bans Wayfarer Limited Edition - never change a winning style


I'm feeling very retro today, after having found some old stuff clearing out one of my cupboards yesterday. I was very amused when this Sony Walkman turned up, complete with a home recorded compilation cassette inside it.

I remember buying this for the purpose of jogging to music, and it did in fact work well! There was no sound distortion, it was waterproof, but wow! Is it heavy! Feeling the weight of it now I honestly don't understand how millions of us could have exercised in any efficient way with this yellow monster dangling from our waist. 

Guitar and flared trousers and brother - Kuwait 1975

Mini mini and split, but with a pair of shorts underneath so that I could still be a tomboy - 1970 

My daughters all love looking at old photos, they themselves already thinking of their own childhood as rather "retro", and especially regarding the eighties as a decade of "no taste." My oldest daughter Johanne says she was born into the analogue era - having experienced only three TV-channels, Commodore computers, floppy discs and then Internet at a grown age. They actually see the seventies and the hippie style as cooler and more relaxed than any other - which it was!

Came across this hippie car in France last year

Our red Mercedes bought in Tanzania 1969. Notice my mum's handbag! And my psychedelic dress!

Bloody Mary reminds me of the seventies - still my favourite!

11 years old on the 21st May 1966 - which one is me?

 My beautiful Mum - love those sunglasses!

Bathroom at my friend Greta's house on the island of Ildjernet in the Oslo Fjord - very Art Nouveau

My Loubis - always remind me of my Mum's high heels - classic!

Norway's oldest wooden ferry between Øysang and Risør

Little Jesus bought at flea market

I love how Instagram can capture that retro atmosphere

Retsina! The island of Kos, Greece - 1985

My husband's favourite crisps - in a retro package - gimmick from 2012

Tartare - raw meat, raw egg yolks, raw everything

Looks quite nice separately - this is what it looks like smashed together

 Big Mama at sixteen and a half - London 1972. Yup. The Hippie era was the best.





















2 comments: