Thursday 10 January 2013

STARTING UP

Okay everyone - so I'm starting my very own blog. "It's about time", some would say - "because you're flooding Facebook with your opinions and your interests and your photos and your poems and your recipes and your travelogues and your views on every minutiae between heaven and earth"....

And it's true I have a lot on my mind - and eager and openhearted and spontaneous enough to share it all - so my blog will reflect this. But mainly - and this is what my blog title refers to - I'm Big Mama - a mama, a grandmother (big, get it?) and basically - a Mother to everyone who is in need of one. Sometimes I need to flee from my Big Mama-duties, and I solve that by going to my house in France, preferably to stay there all alone for a week or two. My batteries get charged and I come back home all refreshed and fit for fight - again.

January is a tough month, I think - Christmas is over (love Christmas!), all our money is spent and summer (love summer!) is months away. But suddenly you watch a sunset like yesterday's - a beautiful revitalising winter sunset, that bears in it promise of a new spring and longer days. (The winter days here on the fringes of northern Europe are frightfully short).

View from my bedroom window.


I'm getting down to work in a minute, but it was great to get started on this! I'll be learning as I go. See you later!

1 comment:

  1. Yay - There you are! Congraulations Kjersti! Really looking forward to this - you have so much to share! There's a complete universe within you - and now you have opened a door.........Huge Hug - Grete

    ReplyDelete