Thursday 9 May 2013

RAINY AFTERNOON


What a grey and dreary holiday, rain pouring down non-stop until way into the afternoon. My daughter Sophie and I chilled out on the sofa for hours - in typically relaxed positions - half lying down, half sitting.

When she came back from seeing her friends in the middle of the night I was listening to music on Spotify and YouTube, and then we spent about an hour watching one of my favourites - half Bulgarian, half Norwegian Mikhael Paskalev, who's born in 1987 and definitely more her age than mine. (Pleased to be introducing my daughter to her generation of musicians)! I'm such a fan of this guy, who blends retro scratchy sound with catchy pop tunes and Balkan gypsy influence. And he has definitely listened to Paul Simon! I know I've posted his songs before in my blog - "I Spy" and "Jive Babe" . The latter tune is accompanied by a video filmed in Bulgaria, and I recognise the landscape just inland from our resort Marina Cape

Mikhael Paskalev was behind me in the check-in line at Bourgas Airport in Bulgaria after he'd made this video! I was so starstruck!


I'm so worried now because my old laptop - where I've stored just about everything I've got - photos, documents, emails, you name it - glared at me this morning with a WHITE and empty screen. And no - I have hardly any back-up. I've been meaning to do it, but well, yes, no, not. I'm hoping it's only the screen that's collapsed - please, all ye computer gods and laptop guardian angels - NOT THE HARD DISC!! At any rate I can visualise money disappearing quickly during the next couple of days to pay for a new screen, alternatively having the hard disc restored.


When the rain subsided I asked my friends on Facebook whether I should go back to bed, do some clearing up in that mess of a place I call my house, or get dressed and go out for a walk. The majority recommended the last option, so I stepped into my wellies, stuck those plugs into my ears and switched on Spotify, then walked forty minutes around my neighbourhood. The flowers everywhere! Outside office buildings! They cheer me up endlessly now! (I almost forgot about the laptop....)



Finally the lid has been removed from the fountain around my favourite neighbourhood girl

Breakfast with granddaughters, good music, fresh air, a glimpse of the sea, flowers, a cup of good take-out coffee and childish delight in the uncovering of a fountain. A steaming hot sauna waiting for me at home. Who cares if it rains?! It's not snow, after all.





No comments:

Post a Comment