Wednesday 1 May 2013

FINALLY WARM



Because of a mess-up with the seating on the flight coming out we were moved to the first row - YES!

On Saturday I left for Bulgaria and a day temperature of more than twenty degrees, so at the moment I'm a very happy Big Mama! The sun is shining, the sea is blue, the sand is soft, the wine is chilled and the nights are long. Unfortunately I forgot that I haven't been in the sun since last August, so two and a half hours on the beach yesterday left me looking - and feeling - a bit like a boiled lobster.




We - that's me, my husband and a friend - went to Sunny Beach yesterday to get sun-licked (sunburnt for me), and like a typical seaside resort - ghost town in winter and madly hectic for three summer months, people were hammering, constructing, renovating and cleaning their shops to have them ready for the season, which starts tentatively in about two weeks.

At our own resort - Marina Cape - things are still very quiet. Only one restaurant is open, the pools are yet to be cleaned, the bar is empty and deserted. The gardeners are planting tomatoes and flowers, herbs and green peppers, cutting the grass and trimming the hedges.




 
Me and the pussycat both waiting for the season to start and the bar to open

And the sunsets over our Black Sea bay of Aheloy! The velvet nights already warming up and enveloping me! (Although I still need a blanket around me, I can easily sit on my balcony until 2 o'clock in the morning). Outdoor meals - mussels and rosé wine! Having to sit in the shade at lunch time because it's too hot in the sun (and too easy to acquire a rosé-looking skin)!


I'm emerging from my hibernation now. I'm becoming myself again. I'm reborn. Pink lady or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment