Saturday 4 May 2013

LEAVING ON A JET PLANE - AGAIN



Oh, I've hated this fast growing tree hanging from our veranda and taking over our space, until I noticed these wonderful flowers the other day

Bulgarian Easter has coincided with our week's spring break, so the Bulgarians have been on holiday too. From Wednesday onwards the area of Sunny Beach and its surroundings exploded with tourists coming in from other parts of the country, people celebrating at restaurants, stalls suddenly opening, and the beaches crowding. I love this part of the year - all anticipation and expectation at the season that lies ahead of us.

Home cooked roast lamb for Bulgarian Easter

Sunny Beach

This evening my friend Turi and I will be leaving on a jet plane - heading for the northernmost outpost of Oslo once again. My husband will stay for another week to play golf with two of his friends who are flying in tonight, on the same plane that will be taking us home. I must admit that at the moment I wish I were in his shoes - though I'm looking forward to seeing my daughters and granddaughters again! Besides we have a national holiday on Thursday and all school children have the Friday off as well, so we'll most certainly be having a good time towards the end of the week. This is what I call a "soft landing!"


Husband with wife no 2 at Djanny's

Having cooked dinner in the flat all week, we decided to make a night of it yesterday, and went to the well known Sunny Beach restaurant Djanny's. An enormous meal of meat and vegetables on skewers, cocktails, wine and desserts left us absolutely and completely satisfied, and we went back to the flat to sit on the veranda and watch the grey mist rolling in from the Black Sea and the white bats diving through blackness.

And I'm bringing back my favourite sandals, which have spent the winter in my wardrobe in Bulgaria - hoping that they'll soon be put to use in Norway!




No comments:

Post a Comment