Tuesday 7 May 2013

FLOWERY INSPIRATION




I was inspired by all that manual labour we did yesterday on our compound, so today I went out and bought this year's first garden flowers. These are for the front part of our house, so that they will look decorative for everyone who passes by - later on I'll buy flowers for the terrace. But a few days of warmth and sun will be substituted by rain and cold from tomorrow afternoon and all through the upcoming spring holiday on Thursday. The schools are off on Friday, and many people have plans for an oval weekend. There'll be a lot of DVD-watching and video gaming going on instead of outdoor frolicking! And in this northernmost outpost you don't really know if flowers will survive when you plant them out as early as the 7th May - there might still be frosty nights!


Still in the flowery mood and recapping on my trip to Bulgaria last week, I was told by a friend that the above tree is a Wisteria. Imagine having a Wisteria hanging from my veranda - my only association to that is the series "Desperate Housewives," where they all live on Wisteria Lane! Oh, how I miss them all!



More Bulgarian flowers, planted and cared for by Marina Cape's brilliant gardener. If only I knew what they're called!


These are poppies, I know - they're beautiful! They are everywhere in Southern and Eastern Europe, but alas, rare in Norway. My friend Turi picked them on our last day in Bulgaria.


Here I am looking very happy in my flowery dress and my Carolina Herrera sunglasses that disappeared during yesterday's garage clearing. They reappeared today! I'm not known for having the best of luck, so naturally I thought they were gone for good. We filled five sacks with rubbish yesterday - but did not throw anything away, and when I started what I thought would be a painstaking job of rummaging through it all, they were in the first sack! Yes!! Completely unharmed. (The mystery is how they got there).

Sometimes luck is on my side too - not just love. Or something to that effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment