Sunday 14 April 2013

NEW BATTERIES

Oslo by night

I'm afraid I'm an incorrigible party girl - it takes nothing at all to get me going. I'm like a cuddly toy animal that you just load a couple of new batteries into and then I'll be off, talking, dancing, laughing, cheering. (Not singing - I know my limitations). Totally over-sociable, completely and utterly friendly to everyone. There's probably a diagnosis in here somewhere....

We were out doing the town on Wednesday - and then again on Friday. Just had to relax a little bit on Thursday. On Friday we went to a pub downtown to listen to a band called the Soul Providers, where my friend's husband plays bass. They do cover tunes of real vintage soul music, and they were so good! So incredibly harmonised! What a night! The vocalists were young - the guy only 24 years old! Made me think of the film The Commitments.


There was a whole gang of us who shared a table at the pub, but we met some old acquaintances from way back, at the bar. Because they live in our neighbourhood I asked them if they'd like a ride home with us - Sophie was picking us up after the concert at 1.30 - and of course I never know when to call it a night (those batteries were still running - on overtime), so I asked them in for a night cap. My husband said to me yesterday morning: "You should be so glad there were four sensible people in that car. The fifth person was not."

So - Sunday evening.... Monday's coming up and it's time to wind down after all the partying (which is probably not good for Big Mamas anyway). I wound down with a walk in the rain covered by my David Hockney umbrella, and then a hot and relaxing foam bath afterwards.



But no! No time to relax... While deeply soaked in the fragrant bubbles I heard a text message coming in - it was from a good friend with an invitation to her birthday dinner tomorrow evening. Yes!

What a perfect way to start the week!


Cuddly animals dreaming of summer - the pussycat & me both



No comments:

Post a Comment