Thursday 1 August 2013

BACK AND BLOGGING!


Your favourite blogger is back! Back from a five week holiday spent beach bumming, swimming pool lounging, swimming (of course!), wine drinking, barflying, night owling, late night problem solving with friends, laughing (a lot), grandmothering (yes!), restaurant eating, latino dancing, flirting (?), having massages, sightseeing, sunrise watching - and reading too...

And the above photo illustrates what happens in your home - or on your terrace as the case may be - when you spend that long a time away from it. Nobody looks after your plants, even if you ask them to. Whether they're husbands or daughters. Only Big Mamas can do this.

Holiday companions 2013 - me, best friend Svein, husband, daughter Johanne, Svein's daughter Tiril, daughter Julie, granddaughter Elly Jelena & granddaughter Mira Isabella

For the sixth summer in a row I've holidayed in Bulgaria - at our flat in Marina Cape, Aheloy. But never have I spent five whole weeks in a row there! However there's a first for everything, and I realised quickly that it wasn't that difficult to get used to. Pretty scary, huh? A 58-year old woman always and forever on holiday - the mind boggles, and images pop up on my retina - images that I'd rather not see! 

Being this long on holiday in a typical holiday resort, the days begin to unfold a bit like any other days after all, with routines and conversations and duties and gossip and mealtimes and well.... exercise. This is important for me - and there weren't many days when I missed my 10 rounds in the pool, which equal 1000 metres. The fact that I get to do this also makes me feel less guilty about partying! Oh, what a bad attitude.... but it's true!



And I got to watch the sunrise over the Bay of Aheloy - isn't it beautiful? But was it before or after bedtime? 

The Internet at our favourite holiday resort, however, was bad, WORSE, WORST!! Perhaps a blessing though? Well, I don't know.... we've all of us grown so dependent on the Internet for all our actions, and we honestly really need it for our work and our transactions with clients, the bank, our network. Our friend Svein uses it all the time to interact with his business in Oslo. So he had to give up and return home before he intended to - which shouldn't really be necessary. If world communication is based on being online, then that's the way it is, and even holiday resorts have to adjust to this and follow up. 

Happy children - always a delight



Sangria!

More holiday stuff coming up. Boring? Oh no - I promise you juicy details!!

No comments:

Post a Comment